Whilst the UK is beginning to lift restrictions on meeting up, it is important to remember that we still all need to be vigilant around one another and to stay safe. This also applies to the situation when buying and selling a Used Car.
What to do when buying and selling a Used Car once COVID lockdown begins to ease
Engaging as a buyer or a seller it is important to follow these guidelines:
- Check that the buyer / seller has not had any COVID symptoms during the last 10 days.
- Arrange to meet outdoors where you have the chance to inspect the car in a well-ventilated location.
- Use a mask, hand sanitizer and your own pen should you need to sign any documentation.
- Wear gloves which can be taken off and easily washed following the car inspection.
- When taking the car for a test drive, only have two people in the car at one time, with one person sitting on the back seat on the opposite side to the driver – this will help to create some distance between both parties.
- Open up all of the windows to let the natural air flow through the vehicle whilst driving.
- Only sit in the vehicle together for a short period of time and remember that when driving, to stay local.
- Sanitise the vehicle after and before anyone else sits inside it.
- Always prepare and ask for a receipt for the vehicle which should state ‘Sold as Seen’, date it and both sign using your own pens.
- Remember to fill out the logbook, which will need information from both parties and will need to be posted to the DVLA immediately after, so that the change in ownership can be traced.
For more information about buying and selling a Used Car please contact our team at Stourbridge Automotive. We provide Used-Car inspections to interested buyers who are looking to purchase a second-hand Audi, BMW, MINI, Mercedes, Jaguar, Land Rover and Range Rover vehicle. Our comprehensive User Car inspection includes a full diagnostic check and report, service history checks and vehicle inspections, both inside and externally.