With the Easter holidays here and all set to take a well-earned break, it’s important to plan your journey before a road trip this Easter. Preparing for a journey is the best means to mitigating a vehicle problem. After all, no one wants to get caught out on a road trip, especially with family and pets in the car.
“RAC research found that just a fifth of drivers (19%) say they always check their cars are ‘road-ready’ for making a trip around Easter, increasing the potential for breakdowns to ruin the start of families’ Easter breaks.”
Whilst making sure that you have all your holiday belongings is important, checking that your vehicle is road worthy is even more critical. So, what can drivers do to keep safe before they embark on an Easter Road trip?
Road Trip considerations to keep you safe
- Under the bonnet, check oil, coolant, and window wash levels.
- Check that tyre pressures are set to manufacturers recommendations.
- In terms of paperwork, don’t forget to carry your driving license, make sure that your insurance is up to date and that you have road-side recovery in place, should you break down.
- Research your journey before you head off so that you’re clear on the roads you’ll be taking
- When setting off, choose a time when the roads may no be so busy by driving earlier or later during the day.
- Make sure that you have enough fuel and know where to stop to top up.
- Carry drinks and refreshments on board, encase you can’t find a place to stop or break down.
For final reassurance before embarking on a road trip, why not drop your car into Stourbridge Automotive for a complete vehicle service and maintenance check. Our team of experienced workshop technicians are here to support Audi, BMW, MINI, Mercedes Jaguar, Land Rover or Range Rover customers with all aspects of vehicle support and maintenance. To find out more and to make a booking, please contact us.