Electric Vehicles known as EV, are growing in popularity across the UK. With a rapidly expanding EV market, hybrid and electric vehicle purchases are expected to grow in the UK, between 8 and 11 million by 2030.
- EV vehicle sales amounted to 10.2million in 2022.
- The EV market has been bolstered by government incentives to cut carbon emissions.
- Drivers can save approximately £13,336 over its lifetime by using an electric car.
- During 2019, Electric vehicles saved 2.8 million tonnes of CO2e.
- At the end of May 2023, there were 43,626 electric vehicle charging points across the UK.
- From 2030, the UK government plans to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel, cars and vans.
- Businesses are actively looking to replace fleet vehicles as emission charges become mandatory in cities across the UK.
- As the electric vehicle market increases, so too is the second-hand market. EV vehicles are filtering down to provide an affordable option for second hand vehicle buyers.
Have you recently purchased an electric vehicle?
Stourbridge Automotive support owner / drivers of for Audi, BMW, BMW MINI, Mercedes, Jaguar, Land Rover & Range Rover vehicle types with EV, Hybrid, Petrol & Diesel vehicle assistance. If you have already purchased an electric vehicle and are interested in sourcing support, further than the respective dealership, then our team are here to assist you with vehicle servicing and maintenance.
With a fully fitted workshop equipped to support EV vehicles, together with a team of trained workshop technicians, Stourbridge Automotive is compliant to service and maintain electric vehicles within a safe and certified electric workshop environment. Furthermore, we are registered to update all car marques with online servicing history and only use replacement genuine OE (original equipment) parts. To find out more please contact our EV workshop team.
EV Facts sourced through: